Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blogger Award


Stephanie at "Home on North Fillmore" passed on this award- what a delightful surprise! Thank you Stephanie! Now I'm supposed to tell 10 things about me. When I start talking about myself I think of Jane Austen's "Emma" where Frank Churchill insists that each person should say "one thing very clever, or two things moderately clever, or three things very dull indeed" and I can say plenty of dull things... anyway, here goes:

1. My love of art comes from my dad who taught me to copy the old Masters and encouraged me to try new things. If it wasn't for him I probably would never have learned drawing, water color or oil painting.
2. Music is the same- dad would play music for us at the breakfast table and tell us to guess the composer! His knowledge and his collection of music are astounding. I didn't realize how much I love music until I got married and had nothing to listen to... now I listen to Pandora all the time! My station is kinda weird because I love so many different types of music- Aaron Copeland, James Horner, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Fernando Ortega, Alan Jackson... and my newest fave is Lady Antebellum.
3. I love good literature. My mom and dad both read to me and my siblings every day. Right now I'm reading a book called "Real Moms... Real Jesus" but I don't have much quiet time these days so I'm learning to sneak it in whenever I can! Any suggestions for more good reading? I'd love to hear from you!
4. Photography is my new-found niche. I never thought that I could do photography but my husband encouraged me to try it, taught me everything I know and he let me take his SLR! He's my hero in so many ways!
5. This is kinda random but I used to ride horses and I loved it. My first argument with my husband was over Western vs. English. He was 14 years old and I was 12 (and he wasn't my husband at the time :-) I want to get back into horseback riding- and I want to have my own horse!
6. Someday I would like to create amazing, delicious food like Gordon Ramsay but every time I try to make a dish that is more complicated than Quesadillas I freak out which is when my Knight comes in and rescues the meal (and he does cook like chef Ramsay)!
7. Someday I want to raise chickens, goats and other barnyard type animals.
8. Someday I want to have a big garden with gardeny type plants.
9. Are you beginning to wonder what I do all day? Well, I have three children: a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a 7 month old who keep me pretty busy. They are each unique and amazing. I'm learning so much!
10. I love the Lord because He first loved me. 1 John 4:10 says:

"In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."

Here are 10 blogs that deserve the Beautiful Blogger Award:









4 comments:

  1. Art, music and read aloud books... were you homeschooled? just wondering that is a great foundation they gave you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are astute! And for the record my mom taught me allot about cooking (and sewing!) but sometimes I have trouble staying focused. Are you a home-schooler?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to get to know you a little more, Abi. Isn't blogging fun!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! How am I not seeing this until now? Thanks for thinking of me! I will repost soon! :) Love the owls on your blog!

    ReplyDelete