Friday, July 9, 2010

Discoveries

Have you ever woken up in the morning and realized that you've been a grump? That happened to me yesterday so I decided to turn off the distractions and head outside with my kids. It was wonderful! I re-discovered my imagination... we played, we cooked, we cleaned, we lost track of time! For the first time in a while I didn't worry so much about the "right way to do things" and at bed time we were still singing and playing. My oldest boy said to my youngest boy Mommy is so silly! This simple statement meant allot to me because I have gotten used to saying no too often and I forgot how much fun it is to say yes! I'm too busy doing laundry (or avoiding laundry) and I forget how important it is to look into my children's eyes and listen to what they have to say. How important it is to tell them that I love them and give them answers that they can understand.

The other thing I found out yesterday is how cool it is to download my photos after all that playing and find some that I LOVE! Here's one of them:

3 comments:

  1. Such a great shot - looks like you should get out and be silly more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it in b&w. Glad you had an awesome day! I feel like all I do most days is say "no" too.

    ReplyDelete