Monday, July 26, 2010

Saturday Evening

"How quickly can you be ready for an art event on the square?" my husband asked as he came in from working in the yard. Wait a minute... is he suggesting we do something spontaneous? The most spontaneous thing I've done all week is run my two year old to the little froggie potty...

I can be ready in two minutes.

We left the kids in capable hands and before I knew it we were strolling from one art gallery to another, listening to live music, and talking with an accomplished sculptor as we walked through his studio. It was the most wonderful, spontaneous thing I have done in a long time... so spontaneous that I forgot my camera! I didn't even have my phone with me. And that's just fine because I was holding hands with my best friend.

Spontaneity: I highly recommend it.

1 comment: