Thursday, April 7, 2011

Slow Trains & Random Photos


This is a story of traveling to Grandma's house except we don't go "Over the river and through the woods" to get to Grandma's house, we go "Over three busy RR Tracks and past the Fire Station."  
Watching the trains go by has been pretty exciting for the kids but it's starting to get old to me so this time 
I came prepared: 
I brought my Super Inflate-a-Bridge and we went right over! 
Not.
 I simply brought goldfish and my camera 
(don't worry, I shared a few of the goldfish with my kids ;)
and I thought to myself "Patience is such a virtue! I think I'll blog about patience."


So I had a lot of fun today at the RR crossing.


): looks like somebody didn't like his Graffiti :(



And at the second RR crossing- I didn't mind that wait either!


but on the way home from the Grandparent's at 10 PM when we stopped for the THIRD time (and it was one of those slow trains that eases to a halt just as it's about to clear the crossing... and then starts backing up) I thought to myself "This is ridiculous. Next time I'm going to bring my Super Inflate-a-Bridge!"

Wouldn't you?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, my Miss E and J-Man both love stopping at the railway crossings. They're mostly for passenger trains, which are never enough for them. There are a few long coal trains that I really ought to find out the schedule for, because they'd love to watch them roll through. I'm with you though, a Super Inflate-a-Bridge would be awesome - especially when you're in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes- I DEFINITELY would bring it : )

    ReplyDelete