Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We went to the zoo, zoo, zoo!

How 'bout you, you, you? 

Yes, I have been much too busy to blog... busy having fun! My super awesome sister came for a visit yesterday and we had a blast!  She lives several hours away so we don't get to hang out as much as I would like but we stay close (it helps that she is a fabulous blogger :)! I also love to watch our kids play together, 
apparently they picked right back up where they left off!

It was nice to walk through the animal rehabilitation center -even though it was the hottest day ever! 

"I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!"
  

Like mother, like daughter!


This little guy wanted to watch the monkeys all day long!
But then he remembered that he wanted to pull the wagon -I think that pulling the wagon was his favorite part of the whole trip- in fact when I asked him if I could have a turn he said "but I was doing such a good job!" Who could argue with that?!

There were a lot more animals that I didn't photograph: the ostrich who raced with the kids, the macaw who laughed at us, the pigs who just wanted to be loved... those are things I'll just have to remember. Sometimes I forget how nice it is to just enjoy the moment without looking for the perfect angle- although finding the perfect angle is really awesome too!


No comments:

Post a Comment