Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wedding Bliss

A couple weeks ago, I went to a wedding.

And it was lovely...

I've been to a lot of weddings, not only for family and friends but because my husband used to be a professional photographer and I tagged along to help with gear but mostly just to be with him. I didn't know much about photography at the time but I knew he did a tremendous job. Now that I know more about photography I realize just how good he was. 
He started back in the days of film. 
Of course, all the photos had to be developed so no chimping to see what he got.
How the industry has changed!
But I digress.

This particular wedding on July 9th was important to me because I was an assistant photographer! 

My assignment: Details (which included getting ready shots, rings, venue, guests, etc.)
I was working for
Although the images belong to that studio, I have permission to show you some of my work from the wedding and I am busting with excitement! 





(this was Blythe's idea)


I knew that I would be handing over the images unedited so I wanted everything to be perfect.





{the main theme of the wedding was resting on Christ, the solid rock}
{visual illustration of a house built on sand and a house built on solid ground}


  

{Heidi}
{Blythe}

For me, it was a wonderful experience. It was definitely more of a challenge than photographing my kids 
but it was also very rewarding. 

I would love to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. I love the shot with LOVE - that will have to be printed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second shooting a wedding is such an incredible experience. So glad you got to do that! And I must say, you are so adorable in that pic on their blog. :)

    ReplyDelete