Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Strawberry Salad
Great for summer and goes with anything: chicken, steak...
I might even try it with ice cream ;)
My friend brought over this salad in December and as soon as I tasted it I had to have the recipe- I've made it many times since then and I have discovered that everyone who tastes it asks for the recipe.
{I know this photo is not really about the salad- my apologies. Tune in next time for the Salmon Sandwich recipe!}
This is a very flexible salad- add more or less fruit or lettuce, depending on your taste. 
The original recipe used spinach but I love spring mix- use whatever you like! Make it your own!
My sister-in-law also adds candied Almonds which gives it a nice crunch.

1 box of fresh strawberries, sliced 
2 kiwis, sliced 
1 box of spring mix lettuce. 

Salad Dressing: mix together 1/3 cup sugar. 1/4 cup canola oil. 1/4 cup Raspberry or red wine vinegar. 

Just before serving, add dressing to the strawberry salad and toss it all together. 

P.S. If my strawberries are too tart, I slice them up ahead of time, sprinkle a little sugar on them and let them sit in the fridge for a couple hours. Not only does this make the strawberries sweeter, it adds a nice juice to the salad.

bon appetit! 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting this recipe! my kids and I LOVED eating this the last time we visited you!! :)

    ReplyDelete